Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No dinner, ever

Locket is in a community theater production of "Carousel" and since she doesn't drive yet, I have to. The problem is that the community in question is not our community, it is a community 30 minutes away. We're coming up on the performance and rehearsals are happening almost every night, with the result that I haven't cooked dinner since ... um ... I'm not sure when.

Wednesday last I made pasta. Thursday I went to rehearsal. Friday I can't remember, no, wait, I made a Dutch baby -- DH was in Cambridge at an Aikido workshop. Saturday we went to a dinner party -- Yay! Sunday I went to bed as soon as I got home from rehearsal. Monday I cooked spinach to go with a cooked chicken I bought at the grocery store. Tuesday I made soup for 83, that's EIGHTY-THREE, people. And now it's Wednesday and, wait for it, I went to rehearsal.

Also, it's been in the single digits for weeks and the brown puppy and I are both going crazy; he's going out of his mind with boredom and driving me out of mine in the process. The good news is that the weather is supposed to moderate and the production is over after next weekend. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment